At the breakfast table, I have a daunting task before me:
The coffee cup.
Unlike seemingly everyone else on the planet, I strongly dislike coffee, unless it's diluted with ice or creamer.
My host mother is an amazing cook. I love everything she brings to me. All...except the coffee cup. She sets it before me with expectant eyes. "Es okey?" I nod, my eyes wide. As soon as she leaves...I'm heaping six spoonfuls of strong sugar into the cup and manage to gulp it down. so really, I'm drinking a cup of sugar water with a few coffee grounds added for color. haha
Breakfast is delicious...mango, papaya, pineapple....evelyn, I wish you were here to eat my papaya for meee!
I had my "clase de baile" on wednesday...and I actually had a lot of fun! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I took the class with two other girls, both americans, and our teacher was awesome and super funny. "Salsa es muy facil!!!" After the two and a half hours were up, I wanted to do it more! Wish I could find some classes down here...hmm...
my cooking class was also great. I learned to cook empanadas...HEAVEN. and postres and ensaladas. great great awesome delicious food.
this morning I hopped on a bus to San Jose, and then another to Manuel Antonio. If I thought I was in heaven before, it is nothing compared to this place. A small hostel, Hostel Vista Serena, is where I exhaustedly laid my bags down. Hammocks swing from the porch, overlooking the sea and the trees that tumble joyfully into it. Laughing and playing cards with the travelers around me, I'm making more friends than I ever hoped for, and I wish I didn't have to leave on Sunday.
I find myself longing for the people that I love. I'm discovering so much beauty and so many amazing people, all I want to do is show everyone how excited I am and share this experience with them. I miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Its heaven on earth, isn't it Bree?
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for these adventures you're starting!! I wish so much that I could be there to share them with you. It's home away from home... I hope you feel that way after this incredible experience too. You know I never made it to Manuel Antonio? Every place around it but never TO it... So happy so glad you're making friends. Its such a great international crowd too huh! Ps. you gotta refresh my memory when you get back about how to make empanadas and postres and the like. I remember how to make tortillas... and thats about it. Gosh love i wish so much I was there with you!! Keep dancing, like nobody's watching, sing like nobodys listening, and live each day to its fullest. Love you girl!!!